Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hit the Brakes!

I've been so wrapped up in a programming project that I neglected to see if it was worthwhile, in the first place. I got to playing with ZuluPad, and loved it... except for the Export to HTML option. So I figured to tweak that a bit, to make it more to my liking. Then I tweaked it a bit more, and more, and ultimately wound up with a bad case of feature glut -- a converter/displayer with two versions of HTML export, text file and XML import, CSS and formatting controls, all kinds of "stuff like that there".

Problem is, I lost sight of the original swamp-draining objective when the alligators started swarming over my good intentions. So I'm going to back off from the programming stuff for a bit, and look more closely at rational, productive use of the tools I already have. Here we go....

Main purpose: Produce and deliver useful information in an accessible format.

Production tools to consider: Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, Google Docs, ZuluPad, TreePad, JreePad, Dreamweaver, KompoZer, and whatever else someone might suggest to lessen the communication anxiety.

Stay tuned....

No comments: